Crust Recipe or you just make regular pie crust…
¾ cup ginger snap cookies
½ cup graham crackers (7) crushed
¼ cup butter (melted)
2 tbsp. sugar
Mix and press into pie shell. Bake at 375 for 4-5 minutes.
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie Filling
1/3 cup sugar
1 envelope Knox gelatin (unflavored)
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
3 egg yolks (reserve the egg whites)
1 cup canned pumpkin
½ cup evaporated milk
½ tsp. allspice
¼ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. nutmeg
In saucepan combine sugar, gelatin, spices, egg yolks and milk. Cook over medium heat, add pumpkin. When thoroughly mixed remove from the stovetop and chill. (I take mine outside on the deck-covered with tin foil). Mix together 3 egg whites till foamy then gradually add the sugar. Fold into the chilled mixture.
Whip cream topping
1 cup whipping cream
¼ cup powdered sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. cinnamon
I use a regular crust instead of the gingersnap. I use the Pillsbury kind. They're much better than Western Family.
No comments:
Post a Comment