Saturday

Celestial Peach Pie

Almond Shell:
1 C raw almonds
1/4 C sugar
1 C flaked coconut
1/4 C butter

Grind almonds (I use a food processor to do this). Mix with coconut. Work in sugar and butter. Press evenly in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate, saving about 3 TBS. crumb mixture for topping. Bake at 350 until light, golden brown - about 12 to 15 minutes Put crumbs for topping in shallow pan and toast about five minutes at same time crust is baking. Cool.

Filling:
1 C sour cream
1 tsp. orange juice
1 tsp. vanilla
6 TBS. confectioner's sugar
1 tsp shredded orange rind
I like to use a whole bunch of sliced
fresh peaches - drained of any accumulated juices.
1 C whipping cream

About an hour before serving, beat sour cream lightly with fork. Add a dash of salt, four TBS.confectioner's sugar, orange juice, rind and vanilla. Spread onto bottom of shell. Pile peaches on top.

Whip cream until thick and fluffy; fold in remaining 2 TBS sugar. Swirl lightly over peaches. Sprinkle with toasted topping. Chill well. Serves 6 to 8

I think when I made this I did the crust well in advance and then did all the rest a couple of hours before it was time to serve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment