Thursday

Hot Fudge Sundae Cake

1 cup Flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. Cocoa
2 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 cup brown sugar
1/ 4 cup cocoa
1 3/4 cups hot water
Favorite ice cream (we use vanilla)

Heat oven to 350. Mix flour, sugar, 2 Tbsp. Cocoa, baking powder, and salt in ungreased square pan 9 X 9. Mix in milk, oil and vanilla with fork until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Pour hot water over batter. Bake 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. Spoon into dessert dishes. Top with ice cream and spoon sauce over each serving.
This is pretty served in sherbets or small bowls.

Hot Fudge Mallow Cake - omit nuts: add 1 cup miniature marshmallows. I haven’t tried this variation but I’LL BET IT IS GOOD.

We used to make this for family home evening. The boys loved it. It has a sauce when it is done cooking so don’t keep baking it to get it firm. It is kind of like pudding. I did not put in the nuts but I bet they would be good, especially almonds.
This recipe came off of the Gold Medal Flour sack. This is the low altitude recipe.
Try it! Maybe the missionaries will like it :)
~Tawna sent this recipe to Phyllis when she was cooking for the missionaries in Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment