Friday

Red Curry

Tablespoon veg. oil
Red curry paste
Chicken 
Can of Coconut milk (I usually use Lite)
2 tbs sugar
2 tbs fish or soy sauce
1 tbs lemon juice
Green and/or red pepper
Pineapple (fresh or canned)
Carrots
Tomato (I usually use two romas)
Fresh basil to garnish

Cut up all your veggies to the size you desire.  Steam carrots till they're almost as soft as you'd like.  

As the carrots steam, heat oil, add meat, and two heaping teaspoons of curry paste in your pot (I use the Thai kitchen brand, it's not super hot, so if you like it spicier, add more).  Cook until meat is done.  Add coconut milk, sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, peppers, pineapple, carrots.  Simmer on low for 15-20 mins.  Throw in the tomato for the very last few minutes.  Eat over sticky rice (or whatever you like).  Garnish with fresh basil if so desired.  

In the meantime, here's an old standby from my aunt Sierra who served her mission in Thailand and then worked for a few years in a Thai restaurant.  I used to make this every couple weeks and now make it monthly.  This is one of those super flexible recipes.  Sometimes I make it with meat, sometimes not.  You can add whatever of the veggies you'd like and if something sounds better, go for a try.  The other thing I love about this recipe is that it only takes two pots.  Cook the meat right up in your big pot. 

~Analynn

No comments:

Post a Comment