Tuesday

Parmesan Asparagus

I think that one of my favorite things that Mom made growing up was asparagus. Recently I've taken to making it for Michael, but I cook it a little differently than Mom did. I personally like it cooked this way better, and it has definitely been a hit with Michael's family. They make it all the time now.

So...

Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
On a baking sheet, lay the asparagus spears out. Brush them evenly with olive oil. Bake them for six minutes.
After six minutes, take the out and turn them, (if they need more olive oil, add it now) then bake them for another six minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
When finished, sprinkle them with parmesan cheese and a little bit of salt.

It's so easy, and makes perfect asparagus every time! As long as you don't leave it in for too long, it will always have just the right amount of snap, and will never be too mushy.

~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment