Monday

Cauliflower Rotini

My aunt Heather sent me a whole stack of recipes to me soon after we'd arrived in Jerusalem.  It was so thoughtful of her and I used this one a whole bunch.  It's quick and easy and tasty.  Everything I look for in a recipe.  I had kind of forgotten about it until I was looking through recipes for some new ideas.  I've made it a few times the last couple months.

2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 head cauliflower, rinsed and separated into one inch pieces
12 oz. dry rotini pasta (or any other one inch pasta)
1 cup grated parm
salt and pepper

1. Pour oil into 12 inch fry pan with 2 inch sides over medium heat. When hot, add garlic and stir till fragrant but not brown, about one minute. Add cauliflower and stir to coat, about one minute.

2. Stir in pasta and 3.5 cups of water. Bring to a simmer over high heat, then cover. Reduce heat and cook, stirring often until pasta is just tender to bit and liquid has reduced to a creamy sauce, 15-20 minutes.  If mixture begins to stick before pasta is done, add more water .5 cups at a time. Stir in cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment