I'm not embellishing this recipe's title by adding LUSCIOUS. That's exactly what it says on the photocopied page I have. I got this from one of Tawna's cookbooks while we were living there. We made them a few times there and I remember making them when we were in CA with Phil, Nicole, Tori, and baby Henry. I was pregnant with Eamon. I remember Tori having a blast at Disneyland.
Anyway, I made these at the beginning of the year and took them to a Skabelund gathering. My uncle really liked them and I was proud, so I thought I'd type up the recipe.
Preheat oven to 350.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
4 slightly beaten eggs
1 cup sugar (it calls for 1 1/2 but I only add just less than a full cup, makes it more tart...how I like it)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
3/4 cup lemon juice (I've always used fresh-squeezed)
1/4 cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk
In a large bowl combine the 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup p. sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture into the bottom of a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 359 for 18 to 20 mins or until the edges are golden.
Meanwhile, for the filling, in a med. bowl stir together the eggs, granulated sugar, 3 tab. flour, lemon peel, lemon juice, and milk. Pour filling over hot crust.
Bake for 15 to 20 mins more or until center is set. Cool on rack. Sift powdered sugar over top. Cut into bars. Cover and store in fridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment