Sunday

Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa

Got this recipe from my sister who got it from here.

It's super easy and quite tasty.  It's a great side and would go well with a lot of things.

2 cups chopped broccoli
1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup quinoa
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Combine broccoli, broth, and quinoa in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, place a cover on the saucepan, and cook at a simmer until the broth has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.

Stir Cheddar cheese into the quinoa, replace the lid, and set aside until the cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper.


I just used chicken broth since that's what I had.  I used more broccoli and less cheese and it still came out pretty well.  We didn't even feel the need to salt and pepper it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment